95 525i battery

No, the battery is under the rear seat - passenger side. Just lift the rear seat and you can find the battery and a keyless entry module there.

jrt67ss350 said:
In the trunk - passenger side. Probably underneath a platic cover or under the trunk mat where the spare tire is. Hope that helps.

BMWlover said:
No, the battery is under the rear seat - passenger side. Just lift the rear seat and you can find the battery and a keyless entry module there.
Oops, I stand corrected! BMW threw a fast one to me, I guess! I wonder why they departed from tradition and put them under the back seats in these cars instead of in the trunk like usual?

Might be for the balance of weights... Or, for safety, I guess. [???1]

jrt67ss350 said:
Oops, I stand corrected! BMW threw a fast one to me, I guess! I wonder why they departed from tradition and put them under the back seats in these cars instead of in the trunk like usual?

CosmosBlack

When I had my e34, I always had this fear of the battery blowing up behind me, worse, when someone is sitting on it!!! Reason is coz' I have experienced a battery blowup in the hood of a Honda Accord when I turned the key to crank the engine!

I almost forgot. Did I sent you a wallpaper of my avatar?

By the way.[8)] I would like to ask you, How come my picture in signature wont show? Im inserting the codes before the link. I uploaded my signature in to the Gallery and than to my profile and picture just cant come up. There is just that little white square with a red cross inside. Can you please help me? I would appreciate that so much.

No problem. Your welcome.[;)]

Last edited:

rvenneman

Help
I have my 1993 525i being shipped from NJ to Oregon. It was at my son's house for 6 months. The battery seems to not be holding a charge. I will start one day and then the next; when it is left for 2 days it will not start due to a dead battery. It starts right away when jumpped.

Since it is in shipment, I want to have a new battery here when it arrives next week. Does anyone know an acceptable battery and what series battery it is?

Thanks

I agree with Cosmos, that thought always lingered in the back of my head when I drove my 535i, but there was nothing like the feeling one day some winters ago at work when the “SUV” guys were messing with me all day. They kept going on and on about how their trucks are going to run over my car while I’m stuck in the snow. Well it was around -35 degrees that night with the wind and five out of the six trucks needed to get a jump, my car started on the first attempt. I couldn’t resist driving by ALL of them and saying “kind of hard to run me over if your truck doesn’t START!!!” [rofl] [burnout]

IMO Interstate and AC Delco batteries are the only way to go.

Last edited: