99 Lights and Tail lights change.

528iheat

Hey New here, got a 99 Black on Black 528i and i really want the new lights that the 5s come with what would i need to change some wires or is it all just pluge and play wiring. Any help would be great thanks.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Well it all depends...do you want the "real" xenons or do you want the xenon look. I suggest going with the xenon look as the real xenons are waaaay to expensive. If you get good replacement bulbs they are a simple plug in....some sites to look at are www.hoen-usa.com and www.bmwxenons.com. I recently ordered from hoen because I asked the guy who runs bmwxenons(it is a guy named jimmy....of www.jimmy540i.com fame) some questions about his lights and he kept running around the questions multiple emails.

i gotta question adrean, i looked on ebay for some headlights and i found out that i can get a p pair of HELLA OEM lights that look exactly like the ones on the 2001+ BMWs except they come with whited out turn signals lights as well. THe thing is, however, is that the man said that they will still be halogen, and my stupid ass thought that just because they are angel lights with the reflector, that they would be XENON< but that isnt the case. Well after looking into it, the same guy said for an additional $300 or so, on top of the original $600 for the lights, i could get like an ignitor or something along those lines which would make them real XENON, does all this sound feesible to you or did the guy not know what he was talking about? And if i were to just get the "Fake" xenon, how fake are they, i mean i HATE the ricer look on the guys with the civics that make their lights look blue...NOT FOR ME...so gimme a holla, id really appreaciate it!

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
fatddyslam said:
i gotta question adrean, i looked on ebay for some headlights and i found out that i can get a p pair of HELLA OEM lights that look exactly like the ones on the 2001+ BMWs except they come with whited out turn signals lights as well. THe thing is, however, is that the man said that they will still be halogen, and my stupid ass thought that just because they are angel lights with the reflector, that they would be XENON< but that isnt the case. Well after looking into it, the same guy said for an additional $300 or so, on top of the original $600 for the lights, i could get like an ignitor or something along those lines which would make them real XENON, does all this sound feesible to you or did the guy not know what he was talking about? And if i were to just get the "Fake" xenon, how fake are they, i mean i HATE the ricer look on the guys with the civics that make their lights look blue...NOT FOR ME...so gimme a holla, id really appreaciate it!
Well if I am not mistaken xenons give a bright white light....just SLIGHTLY bluish. The Hoen replacement bulbs i purchase look like this...not some "ricer" blue...I will post pics once I have all of them installed. Xenons make a difference but not $600-$900 OEM HELLA vs. $36-$40 HOEN REPLACEMENTS. I am not trying to sell these lights or anything but I could use the rest of that money on other things for the car or home. Oh yeah and there is an "ignitor" type assembly that comes with "REAL" xenons!!!

hey adrean and especially 528iheat, there are front light assemblies available at www.bmwaccessories.com and that site is great for ANYTHING you need. 528- they have angel lights for both if you want just normal 'ole halogen lights ~$850 or if you want the full on HID XENON Angel light replacements $1100. They also have tailamps with either your choice of having them exactly like the 2001-2003 5-series, or you can have the turn signal smoked out! Tell me what you think!

528iheat

The clear coners just came to my house and im installing them right now. but I want to know if anyone has info, if you leave out the glass that covers the plastic from the lights will the lights be to hot and somewhat melt the plastic in some way. Cause thats what is happing to my friends 2000 323ci and his 3 didnt come with glass covers, he put some aftermarket lights and they are starting to shape hes plastic head light cover. It looks like some one is scraching them but only where the lights is shinning the most. What the hell. Bodyshop guys said its the bulbs? This is ****ed up going to post this on the 3s section soon.

I just fitted Hella Xenons bought from eBay and while they fit and work fine I keep getting a spurious message to 'Check Low Beam Lights". The message goes as soon as I turn the lights on and they work fine.

Any clues out there?

[cheers]