Anyone heard of VentureShield?

Tom

Staff Team
I'm thinking about getting a clear bra installed on the M3 and this guy tells me VentureShield is much better than 3M. Supposedly they offer a Lifetime warranty against, peeling, cracking, and turning yellow versus 3M's 5 years.

Since they are fairly new, I did a quick search on google and nothing solid came back.

I have never heard of them. I would take some caution as I know you are. Tom, how is the front of your car looking right now? You are around 30k, right? Is the front of your car's spook pitted. Just wondering how the M handles it down in CA....

Big Daddy

Scott, how many miles do you have? Idaho was bad for gravel and small stones so the rodaster has some chips but not too bad. I am curious about this new guard too. My brother used 3M, now about 6-7 years old and it looks bad. I know you can buy a kit for the front of the roadster, but I am not sure who makes it. I'll do some research....

Tom

Staff Team
This M3 looks pretty good.

My car looks fine Scott. I normally use a regular front end cover when traveling long distance so that helps out a lot.

Guess for $290 I can be the guinea pig and let you guys know. I'll post some picture in a few weeks so you can see how it turns out.

Dan if you want to do it yourself, I've heard that Xpel(http://www.xpel.com) makes really good products.

Big Daddy said:
Scott, how many miles do you have? Idaho was bad for gravel and small stones so the rodaster has some chips but not too bad. I am curious about this new guard too. My brother used 3M, now about 6-7 years old and it looks bad. I know you can buy a kit for the front of the roadster, but I am not sure who makes it. I'll do some research....
Dan, I just turned over to 32k. My front actually looks pretty good however, I can see I am starting to get pitted a little myself (well actually the M is..hehe). The 3M system BMW uses, from what I could tell, covered the front spook, about 3-4 inches up the bonnet, lens covers, I believe the front fender flares, and the side view mirrors. This is just from memory, but they cover quite a bit of the front end.

If you do it yourself don't forget to do the side view mirrors. It really helps there as well.

Dan, from what I have seen from 3M over the years it does not surprise me that it yellowed. Seems all they’re clear plastics discolor yellow over time. If what Tom says it true, you can't go wrong with the lifetime warranty just as long as they stay in business. And then again, from Tom’s numbers, you're only out $290 dollars…

Tom

Staff Team
WSUBeember said:
Tom, did you ever get this installed? If so, do you like it. Would you recommend it? I have been doing some research and am thinking about the clear film bra...
I had it done to my Focus to test out and the guy did an awesome job. Its supposed to be sunny all this week so the BMW is going in on Tuesday. Here are some pics of the Focus, I'll update it again when the BMW is done.

Tom

Staff Team
This stuff is not only thinner than the 3M product, but much harder to tear as well. The benefit of this is that you have a clear bra that is more transparent as well as being more durable.

Looks good Tom. Seems like you would not even be able to tell there is a clear bra on it unless you are looking for it! I will have to look at getting that done soon.

Can't wait until you post some pictures of the BMW...

Tom

Staff Team
Thanks Dan.

Jeremy, other than the hood, you would really have to look up close in order to see it. I would definitely recommend this brand over 3M simply because of it's durability and lifetime warranty. I'll try to snap some more pictures later on today.

Tom, that really looks great. I usually don't like car bras but this one is just so hard to see, it is definitely worth it. I bet you pickup more girls in the Focus. [;)]