Convertible Top fails to go up in the pouring rain and other fun 2002 325 Ci Conv.

During a thunderstorm, my top failed to go up. Under a tree, I was able to put it up manually. Now the top wont go up or down at all. The indicator light flashes just like it does when the trunk is open, only the trunk is closed and all obstructions are cleared out. I think its electric.

Other electric peculiarities: The dash turn-signal indicator doesnt work, but the turn signals still do. I lost control of the radio by steering wheel, and the AC doesnt kick in sometimes. Any suggestions?

Anyone know an expert in BMW electrics in the DC/Maryland area? My dealer is unable to fix the problem from occurring.

John

You need to try another dealer, they should be able to debug this. Independents are at a definite handicap when troubleshooting BMW electrical systems.

Try this to reset all the electronics:

Put the 4 ways flashers on and while they are on, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes. Turn off the 4 way flashers and reconnect the battery. Check for water in the battery box and spare tire compartment while the battery is disconnected.