E39 Sqeeks and rattles

Hey All,

What kind of squeeks and rattles have you guys had with your E39's? If there is a remedy for stopping those noises, please let me know. I went over a pretty rough mountain road and I'm hearing a funny squeeking noise from the rear seat/deck area. The headliner above the driver side is also kinda making clicking noises. Any thoughts?

Thanks
GTMAN
01 540i6MT

I have a clicking sounds from the headliner above the passenger side. If you put a bit of pressure on it, it stops, so I don't think it's the door seals. I think it has something to do with the airbag.

This web sight lists all the common problems with the E39. E39
Very informative.

My car has squeaks from the drivers door and the sunroof clicks - I am not sure what is wrong with the sun roof, but I need to replace the drivers door seal (common problem).

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Abdoman said:
This web sight lists all the common problems with the E39. E39
Very informative.

My car has squeaks from the drivers door and the sunroof clicks - I am not sure what is wrong with the sun roof, but I need to replace the drivers door seal (common problem).
Ummm?
What website????[???1]

I had that clicking sound above the passenger headliner again today. In frustration, I gave the headliner a good whack right where the noise was coming from. I heard a snap, like a fastener popping back into place. No more noise. [:D] The headliner must have an attachment point there that had worked its way loose and smacking it popped in back into place. [thumb]

Now to try that on my noisy PC. [;)] [hihi]