Ebay Fraud, Scam Alert!

Big Daddy

I got the following e-mail. It came with nice stationary with the eBay logo, very well done. They ask you to log on and that takes you to a site where you are asked to enter your bank account number, routing number, credit card number, verification number, etc. I wish I could link or forward this e-mail so you could all see it:

Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by log in and complete the form that will pop up or else your account will be suspended without the right to register again with eBay.

After you will login please verify your information in order to complete this verification.

Thank you

eBay Customer Support

eBay User ID
You can also use your registered email.

eBay Password
Forgot your password?

Having problems signing in? Get help now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements | Register | SafeHarbor (Rules & Safety) | Feedback Forum | About eBay

Copyright © 1995-2002 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

What a scam. Some people are also doing this with utility services, threatening disconnection if information is not given, including SS#, DOB, credit card number. I guess some people are afraid and just give the information. And then there are people like me, I give nothing.

Big Daddy

It becomes pretty obvious it is a fraud when they ask for your bank card number and pin. Give me a break, who doeds not know that you do not give the pin out? But your right, I am sure some people have given them all they want. I finally got an email from eBay and they confirm that it was not from them. I have forwarded it to the Seattle office of the FBI, and eBay's fraud and scam division.

Big Daddy

All the information was forwarded to eBay and they did not give a hoot. They were very unccoperative, failed to answer emails and seemed to have no interest. The FBI on the otherhand were very helpful and interested.

Big Daddy said:
All the information was forwarded to eBay and they did not give a hoot. They were very unccoperative, failed to answer emails and seemed to have no interest. The FBI on the otherhand were very helpful and interested.
what did the FBI say...btw i somehow got my account up without putting a credit card # in [:D] and im sure i did not enter and have not entered a credit card # [:D]

I bid on a plasma TV for the hell of it the other day because the auction had just started an it was only $100. I obviously lost, but I get spam about plasma TV's constanly now. It had to be the seller, abcrlv.

I get that e-mail quite often. I also get another e-mail from "eBay" stating that I owe them money and that I should click the link to pay for what I owe on my account.

Best advice is to ignore the e-mails and open up your web browser and manually go to ebay.com, login to your account, and make sure everything's cool (rather than clicking on the link, which takes you to a VERY convincing eBay web site replica that asks for all your personal info).