What to look for in an E39?

I have been looking to purchase a CPO E39 and have found a couple nice examples with reasonable prices and mileage, but I want to know what to look for.
The one I liked the most so far, after taking it for a spin, we noticed that the radiator has a pin hole near the upper radiator hose.
Anything else like this I should be looking for?
TIA
Ron
ps I am in the Atlanta area.

The 5 series has quite a few common problems. Some problems are engine specific - 540, or 528. Some that I can remember:

Drivers door seal squeaks
rear window regulators fail frequently
Radiator neck fails (made from plastic)
Front driver's seat creaks
valve cover gaskets leak - common on 540 not 528
Inner door handle break (plastic although they look like chrome)

It's a good idea to get a CPO. The 5 series is a wonderful car to drive. Some of the problems really hack me off, but I can't think of any other car that can be as nice to drive and get the ride and handling of this vehicle IMO.

You'll have to check with the dealer, but I think it covers everything except wear items. If the seat is clicking, they will not cover it under CPO (wear item). I think someone said that the www.bmwusa.com lists the coverage.

In April 2003 I purchased a 2000 528i CPO with only 14,000 miles on it. I couldn't be happier. It was basically a new car and in this first year (I have put 20,000 more miles on it already!) it has performed flawlessly.
So, if that helps ya any..... [thumb]