California Performance Drive 10/2007

anyone going to this? kinda expensive, but it sounds like it'll be fun.

---

Great news for BMW driving enthusiasts: The BMW Performance Driving School, based in Spartanburg, South Carolina, brings its high-performance BMW On Location driving instruction to the California Speedway again in 2007, from October 15-25.

BMW On Location offers the one-day California Performance Drive, where participants will have the opportunity to drive a variety of BMWs, including the Z4 M Coupe, and the 500-hp M5 Sedan and M6 Coupe, on the racetrack and at various exercise areas. Drivers will spend half the day lapping the challenging road courses, progressively increasing speed as their skills are developed. The other half-day involves fine-tuning their skid- and spin-control skills, a timed autocross, and an advanced braking/lane-change exercise. This one-day event offers BMW enthusiasts the chance to learn helpful high-performance driving techniques from the pros and experience actual track time, all for $1,495.

Last year’s participants would agree: you don’t want to miss out on this unique and memorable driving event. Class spots are limited, so save your place behind the wheel now by calling 1-888-345-4269, or click the link below to register.

Big Daddy

Not too expensive considering a car is included. The local chapter BMW CCA schools I use to participate in were costing up to $400 for a two day school and that was a few years ago, and you had to provide your own car. I wonder if that price is for one, two or three days?

Big Daddy

Still not a bad deal, they give you the car to use, the track, the instructor, and all the necessary stuff. Buy and M6 and figure out your cost per day when you track your own! Gads, I would rather take the chance in theirs!