cheap CAI intakes?

just curious, looking thru ebay for a cold air intake for my '00 323ci e46 and noticed big price differences, from $19-$399. anyone purchase the cheap intakes($19) and will it make a big difference in my performance, compared to the $399 ones. they all state 5-10hp increase. don't really want to spend all that $$$ if i can get away with it. thanks.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Hey dont buy the $19 dollar ones......and dont buy the $399 dollar ones either! If I were you I would go directly thru the manufacturer or a known "good" local shop or internet shop to purchase a CAI. Benfer, Dinan, ActiveAutoWerks, JimConforti are all well known and quality according to most who have used their products.

Beware. You might just get a coffee filter as a CAI. Get it from a reputable source. unfilter particulate matter may get into you engine and ruin your day.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Nataku said:
Beware. You might just get a coffee filter as a CAI. Get it from a reputable source. unfilter particulate matter may get into you engine and ruin your day.
Yeah your best bet is to go with any of the ones I named beforehand. AEM also makes one specifically for the 323i. Everyone overcharges for them so you can either make it yourself(do a search for DIY HD CAI) or pay around $250 for a warrantied name brand one.

adrean8j said:
Yeah your best bet is to go with any of the ones I named beforehand. AEM also makes one specifically for the 323i. Everyone overcharges for them so you can either make it yourself(do a search for DIY HD CAI) or pay around $250 for a warrantied name brand one.

HEY, you the guy with the red M5 on Romerstrasse in Heidelberg i thought i was a normal 5er till i saw the mirrors !! I think hes got a OF or HD license plate [hihi]
Anthony

Last edited:

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
LOL....no I am not the "GUY" with the red M5(could've gotten one but the insurance would have been outrageous). I live in Mannheim...and I have the normal rhinoceros ears mirrors until this wednesday and then I get my m5 style mirrors. I am trying to do little thing to set my car apart from an m5(check my webpage and you can see the difference) because i dont want to be a "poser". But there are certain elements on this board that would call anyone that if they put anything that is not BMW OEM on their bimmers soooo.....grain of salt! If you like bimmers maybe you should come to one of our club meetings and/or check out our webpage(most of the americans post under the "international" thread)----www.bmw-syndikat.de

p.s. NICE COLOR!!!