Didn't even have it 3 months, may be totalled

Some stupid teenagers decided to turn left in front of me today while I was going 40 MPH, didn;t even hardly hit the brakes as she looked liek she was waiting for me to get thru the interscetion, then she just punched it and BAM!

Then to top it off, the 2 girls got out of the car and ran away! The Arlington PD found out the owner of the car is away on business, and looks like her kid may have been joy riding.

Impact poped the drivers airbag and both the anti roll bars deployed. Sent her car 3 lanes over in the wrong direction and came to rest against a concrete divider.

I hope insurance totals it!

In the last picture (cell phone) the front clip of the Camry is attached to my car.

Attachments

Dang, I guess my face hitting the airbag was harder than I thought, I think I misspelled every other word!

I've heard from 2 insurance people if the roll over protection has been deployed, it most likely is a total, as they are very expensive to repair/replace.

Actually the ROPS is resettable. It's in the owners manual. Unless the car truly rolled over, the ROPS can be pushed back down and relatched.

William330

Push the shop/insurance company for the total -- a damaged unibody
will never be the same.

Years ago made the mistake of telling the shop "fix my baby." Bad move,
had years of headaches and it never drove right.

Hope no one was hurt, good luck on a resolution. Maybe a dealer can
toss you a demo for a month if you'll buy the replacement there.

Actually the ROPS is resettable. It's in the owners manual. Unless the car truly rolled over, the ROPS can be pushed back down and relatched.

Dang, didn't know that. I didn't get a Vert owners manual, they didn't have one, so I got a hard top owners manual.

Yeah, the main thing is nobody was injured, even tho the girls got out and ran away, I wouldn't wish injury on them.

That's right Big Daddy! If they do get caught, it is a felony to flee the scene tho cop said, so maybe they will do a little time???

Here's a shot of the Camry, my headlight hit almost dead center on the car from the looks of it. The front clip was stuck to my front end, peeled it off like a candy wrapper!

Attachments